Sunday, February 18, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 03: Initial Ideas (Sketches)

Initial Ideas (Sketches):

I decided to do some sketches of my initial ideas.




The pigs are the most dominant characters within the book and I thought about how they are effectively walking all over the other animals. I thought about a pigs hoof and the impression that would make - having it large scale will provide a strong, striking visual.


Within this design I wanted the pigs legs to be seen front to back cover, this would hopefully wrap around the book quite nicely. Type would need to be large and bold to attract attention in a dramatic way.


This idea represents the changing name of the farm - a literal concept, could potentially be a little too obvious / cliche.


Another concept which is more obvious, making use of the windmill which is a strong symbol within the book. The text in line with the arm of the windmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment