Tuesday, October 27, 2015

OUGD404 Study Task 02 - Colour Relativity

Today we had to pick a hue or tone of our least favourite colour, mine being brown. We then had to choose another colour that would work in combination with it, in the context of a children's book. The colour also had to work alongside black. 

These are my colour combinations:



The reason for my choice when choosing the brown is that I wanted a soft, pastel colour that is friendly and appealing. I usually connate brown to dirt, dark and garish I can't see it as very appealing in many contexts but i think this hue helps lighten it up and seems more friendly. I chose this pastel blue because on the colour wheel brown complements blue really well and I wanted this comfortable calming feel. I also feel that the brown helps to make the blue stand out which is where I would like to turn the attention to the blue and seem more intriguing and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment