Friday, February 17, 2017

OUGD503 Penguin Random House UK Student Design Award 2017 - Final Design & Evaluation

Final Design & Evaluation:



The bright, bold design contextual references the psychedelia movement of the 60’s, with a strong colour contrast that will stand out on shelves. The geometric letter-forms of the heading typeface and sharp angles give a sense of hard hitting coldness that is portrayed in the book. The back cover is clear and easy to read making it as accessible as possible.

Evaluation:
I have really enjoyed doing this brief as it allowed me to come up with a range of interesting ideas quite quickly. I have also become more aware of the importance of feedback because it has allowed me to produce a better design than previously. This is something I really need to take into consideration because it is the only way that my designs can develop. I want to really try and focus on getting as much feedback as I can in the future. The thing that I found most difficult was working with typography, selecting the most appropriate as well as positioning on the page was something that I struggled with. I want to try and make sure that I have a better understanding of how to appropriately use type, as this is an area of design I would like to develop and improve upon.
Overall I have found the brief enjoyable, even though it is a competition it hasn't felt too intense and the work has been manageable.

Submission:





No comments:

Post a Comment