Sunday, February 26, 2017

OUGD503 YCN - The Grown Up Chocolate Company - Developing Ideas (Tray Design)

Developing Ideas:

Mystery:

Tray:

I began to start testing out making a pattern with the question marks, this is where the typeface would make a big difference on the style.

KBSticktolt:



The stroke width on this is too thick and the cartoon style might possibly look too gimmicky.

Berthold Akzidenz Grotesk Bold:



Moving the positioning of the question marks slightly has produced a more pleasing pattern. The consistent stroke width helps to provide order within the pattern.

Headline One HPLS:



The font that they use for product titles could work well as it would fit cohesively with the rest of the brand. I want to try and play around more with this typeface to see how it could work appropriately.

As it looked a bit cramped I decided to space them out a bit more and turn them into outlines so that it wasn't as bold and striking.



This worked a lot better, I think that it would work really well as a background pattern. I think that this will work well at the bottom of the tray.

I made the inside of the tray the pink colour that they use in their logo, then I made the question marks white.



I wanted to add some text to this background which would only be revealed when the chocolate bars are taken out of the tray. It helps to add a more personal feel.







I will need to test this out to see whether the sides cover the text up, if this happens I will need to adjust the font size to make sure it fits without cutting the text off.

No comments:

Post a Comment