Monday, March 27, 2017

OUGD505 Studio Brief 01 - Chosen Event

Chosen Event:

I have decided to work further on Leeds Indie Food Festival, I really like the idea of working with the passport stamps somehow or even creating my own stamp for the festival. To try and find some of the previous stamps I decided to email the festival as I was struggling to find appropriate photos.

Sent email:

'Hello,

I am really interested in what Leeds Indie Festival does for the city socially, bringing people together in celebration as well as supporting local independents. Events like this are really important to support and help the city really thrive! Currently I am studying graphic design at Leeds College of Art and an upcoming brief relates directly to what Leeds Indie Festival really stands for. We are to create a traditional print showcasing an event/public space in Leeds with a celebratory theme, and I think for me, I would really like to design something based around this festival.

I have been researching further, trying to come up with different ideas and what interests me is the festival passport. I was wondering whether you had any images of the stamps that get used in the passport as I would like to work with these further.

Any help you provide will be greatly appreciated, my print will also be shown in an exhibition which has the potential to promote your event further.

Thanks,

Georgina'

Reply:

'Hi Georgina,

Unfortunately, we don't hold copies of stamp images really - they're all the responsibility of the venues involved. We do have a huge gallery of images from they last two years over at http://lif16.ilikepress.co.uk/login - you can register for free to view them all, and there are definitely a few pictures of stamped passports in there. Please don't re-use any photos without crediting the photographer though. The other best bet is to look back through our social media feeds, as lots of people send us images and stuff during the festival. If you do an advanced twitter search with a date range of last May or May the year before on @leedsindiefood.co.uk you'll likely find lots of pics of passports we've retweeted (also lots of pics of other stuff, it might be a bit of a slog through).

Anyway, best of luck with it! Let us know if there's anything you want to share with us.

Ta,

Matt Dix

Leeds Indie Food

Festival Director'

Unfortunately looking through the gallery that Matt suggested I only found one photo of a passport with just two stamps which isn't really a lot to work with. I also tried to look through their twitter but still I didn't find anything. The next thing I thought that I could do is check the list of venues/events and use their logos to create a background print, then either create my own stamp for the festival over the top, or use their current logo. I will need to speak to my tutors to see if that would be appropriate.

Collaborators:


























































































































Festival Sponsors: 






















After gathering all of the logos that I could find I didn't realise how many there would be, this is something I might have to reconsider, as I don't know whether I will be able to get all of them into the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment