Friday, March 31, 2017

OUGD505 Studio Brief 01 - Idea 1

Idea 1:



I wanted to create a poster which takes the idea of the passport stamps by creating a background of logos to simulate this. I've included the logo for the festival so that it is easily understandable of what it is. Unfortunately I am not sure that this design will work appropriately as I have to use traditional print methods. Screen print would be appropriate but it might not pick up some of the smaller details on the logos. I also have used screen print for a project last year and I really struggled with the finer details of the print. There is the potential to burn into wood and create a stamp from that, but due to time constraints and not knowing how to use the equipment I don't think that it will be feasible.

I also don't know if this design is a bit to safe and not that engaging, however contextually it links to the festival quite well. Im not going to take this idea forward, but try and work on something more appropriate for traditional print.

No comments:

Post a Comment