Tuesday, January 12, 2016

OUGD405 Studio Brief 02 - Design Process - Information Design - Colour Research

Colour Research:
Because my leaflet is aimed at children I wanted to see what colours are associated with different things to see what they engage and interact with. The infographic below shows 5 different colours and the possible effect they can have on a child. This is something I can definitely consider within my design decisions. 

Red and yellow are two colours that stand out to me as being possible design decisions within my leaflet. Red because the increased energy would be utilised well for danger. Yellow because it promotes concentration and stimulates the memory something I want to happen, I want children who read my leaflet to remember the do's and dont's of stranger safety. I have already noticed within my design the use of blue for the boy character and pink for the girl are calming colours that evoke empathy which is the right feeling I want to connote, I want the children to feel at ease with the characters so that they understand the dangers and want to follow their rules. At the moment I am unsure with how I can incorporate yellow into my design, but this can be something that I test out.


No comments:

Post a Comment