Sunday, December 4, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 02 - Feedback

Feedback:
In todays session we showed our solutions to our problem and came up with some question to help us gain some valuable feedback. We did this by laying our work out on the desks and going round writing feedback on them. Overall I only got about 6 responses, and I don't think people understood that I had 3 ideas even though I had wrote it down. I don't particularly like this way of feedback as I feel like I don't get as much out of it. I prefer talking to people and bouncing ideas around that way.

Problem : Having ingredients in your cupboards but not knowing what you can make with them.

Solutions:
1. Social website
2. Cooking appliance
3. App

1. Which idea do you think is the most appropriate to answer the problem? Why?

- 1 - The social aspect will help to give more of a range of responses from real people.

- 1 - A community possibly allows the user to access more information.

- 3 - Most appropriate for student target audience as it is the most accessible.

- 3 - Gives an immediate response quickly, will also help to budget and keep track of money and what they are spending.

2. Which do you think will appeal more to students and why?

1 - Student kitchens aren't that big to use the function for storage and date function is not necessarily necessary.

- A calendar will help reduce waste, so you know when food is gone off.

- An app but combine a social aspect.

- Students might not want to ask strangers for advice.

- An app is more accessible for a student target audience.

3. How could I make one of the ideas more accessible to all?

- Live website

- Link to social media, so quick posting of food on instagram, asking friends for opinions. People will see others are using app so will want to get involved.

4. What could I do to make it appeal more towards my target audience (students)?

- Include student offers / cheap food deals, cocktail recipes.

- An app would be easier on the go.

- Create a community of students through the app to share ideas.

- Simplify ingredients. 

- Simple and easy to use.

- Incorporate barcode scanner so that it stores your products.

- Easy to find info 

5. What else could I include to help answer the problem?

- Something that tells you if someone has borrowed something.

- Options telling you what you could make if you had small other ingredients.

- Different community discussion based on food preferences? Vegetarian / vegan?

- Upload videos of good recipes

- Link to online shopping delivery sites 

- Step by step guides

- Clear timings

- Telling you were good food deals are

6. What device would you use to look for a recipe?

- Mobile

- Mobile

- Phone or laptop

- Phone

- Phone

- Ipad

- Laptop

After we had done this and looked through our feedback we had to pair up with someone else to talk through our feedback and get some more in depth answers. I decided that I wanted to go for the app idea so this was the idea that I gained feedback for.

- Recipe pictures need to be large and engaging

- Ingredient search will be the main page, the initial home screen.

- Icons - My food, which already has suggestions based on what you've got 
            - Calendar, keeps track of when things are going out of date
            - Shopping List, syncs with internet shop or scan and shop
            - History, keeps track of what recipes you've made
            - Share to social media

- Voice activation to keep hands free

- Step by step, tools needed, 1 screen for step

- Favourites?

- Hints and tips?

- Timer? Suggested pre sets

Talking my idea through with someone really helped me to gain some focus on what it was that I want to include within my app.




No comments:

Post a Comment