Thursday, December 22, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 02 - Further Sketches and Feedback

The idea I have decided to take forward is the App. The research and feedback that I have gathered suggested that this would be the most appropriate platform to solve the problem for my target audience. An app would easily be accessible for students who rely on there mobiles phones as well as being relatively cheap to buy. It will be easy to use on the go as most people use there phone to look for recipes. In my questionnaire only 1 person uses a cooking app, this suggests to me that there is a gap in the market and something that would stand up to little competition.

Further Sketches:

SITE MAP


1ST SCREEN MOCK-UP: 3 Possible design ideas


2ND SCREEN MOCK-IP (RELATED RECIPES): 3 Possible design ideas


MY FOOD ICON: Possible design ideas


CALANDAR ICON: Possible design ideas


SHARE ICON: Possible design ideas


SHOPPING LIST ICON: Possible design ideas


Feedback:
In small groups with one member from Only studios I was given some useful feedback to help develop my ideas further. It was suggested that instead of just searching for ingredients you could also search for what to make e.g. lasagne, and it would give you the ingredients for that recipe. I think this is a really good idea as it helps to develop the search aspect which is the main feature within the design. Someone also said that you don't need the shopping list suggestion aspect, they believed that it added too many features onto the app and it was something that they didn't really want.

Currently I do not have a specific company that I am doing this for, or a name for my brand, therefore it was suggested that I could choose something to link it to like BBC Good Food. This is something I could consider doing but it means that I will need to make sure to stick to some of their brand guidelines and colours.

It was picked up on that the main thing that is positive and makes it unique is that it prevents waste. I could also give suggestions to use up items that are about to go out of date.

Scanning receipts is another aspect I could incorporate into the scan items area, as this would automatically add everything you have bought without going through and scanning each item.

Something that I picked up from my questionnaire is that people really engage with images, it was agreed by everyone in the group that I should try to keep it a 50/50 text and image split. A minimal layout was suggested to help keep it clear and clutter free as possible. Maybe even just using black and white rather then using colour. It needs to be friendly and easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment