Wednesday, December 28, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 02 - Platter (RESEARCH)

Platter (Research):
While talking through my app idea with someone it was found that there is already an app out there that matches the ingredients you type in, with a recipe. However trying to search for it within the app store I was unsuccessful, the only thing that I could find is some articles and screenshots online.


Primarily this is a social app, sharing the foods you love to eat. To add a new dish, you need to snap a photo, pick a title and tag the ingredients you used.


Just like other social media sites you have followers and you can 'like' dishes. This allows for a more simple understanding as people will feel that sense of familiarity.


Platter has a simple, sleek design using minimal colours of only grey and black. The stylised font is playful and adds some fun to the design. Platter’s search will bring up dishes, but also specific ingredients. Platter takes this idea a step further with its Cupboard feature, which lets you enter all the ingredients you have on hand and then matches them up to dishes on Platter.


A website was linked within one of the articles found but it only seemed to be a food blog with no information about the app. Further looking through google images I found what I think is the iphone version of the app. This took me to a website displaying the information about the app but again I cannot seem to access it from anywhere.







As there seems to be very little information out there for this app I want to try and redesign it with my own idea for the app but keeping their name and sticking with similar design features. The reason that I am going to do this is because I want to create an app that appeals to students but still uses the feature of searching for ingredients. I want to redesign it with this target audience in mind to produce something that will stand out amongst other food apps.



RESOURCE:

WEB
- http://www.androidstatic.com/platter-is-a-social-app-for-geeky-foodies/

- http://www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/food-wine/table-talk/food-app-of-month/Food-blog-of-month-June-Platter/14487

- http://platterhq.com/

- http://www.148apps.com/app/499546604/

No comments:

Post a Comment