Monday, December 26, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 02 - Share Icon (DESIGNS)

Share Icon (Designs):
From my sketches I have taken a couple of the ideas and created basic outlines within illustrator.

1. This is a well known icon for sharing, it would be easily recognised and could be stylised in different ways. However I am struggling to reduce the weight of the arrow head, although this does stand out very clearly.

2. This is the icon generally used for sharing within iOS, it has a simple, minimalistic design that would fit in with other icons.

3. Next I have placed the word share within a rectangle, which is clearly the most obvious response and no one would misinterpret it. I don't know whether the shape would take up too much room on the screen when it isn't the most important icon.


4. I have got two people connected by the line to simulating sharing, I do like how this is different and something that isn't used as much. However, I don't think at a smaller scale it would be clear what it is.


Feedback:
The first design was preferred as this is something that they have seen before and is clear and obvious what it is portraying. The 3rd design was not seen to be appropriate because it would not scale down well, the writing would become illegible. Also because it is a rectangular shape it would take up space that other icons could use. Lastly the 4th design was generally liked although people were unsure how it would work at a smaller scale and maybe that it wouldn't be instantly recognisable to people that didn't know what it was meant to be.

From this feedback i've decided that the first design will be the most appropriate to work with. I want to choose something that is clear and instantly recognisable, and as this is commonly used I know that it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment