Wednesday, April 26, 2017

OUGD503 YCN - The Grown Up Chocolate Company - Final Design

Final Design:

I have found working with the nets to be quite a time consuming task as they didn't come with crop marks. I had to apply all of the crop and fold marks myself and then delete the outline so that it didn't print onto the design.

Sleeve:



Inside of tray:


Outside of tray:



Printing:
I decided to print on a matte card as material consideration isn't something that was specified in the brief and this will provide a good, strong mock-up of the design. However I came across a problem when printing double sided, something that I have come across before, the design didn't match up on the other side. This has caused the design to move slightly, the only visible issue is that the text on the inside of the tray is now a lot closer to the edge, there isn't much space in between. This is unfortunate but there isn't much that can be done to resolve the problem as this is an issue with the printer.

Building:
To construct the net I used a scalpel to cut it out and scissors to score marks for the folds. It was a time consuming process as I needed to take my time to ensure I didn't make any mistakes. It was also quite difficult to stick the sides down with prit stick but I managed to make it stay down.















No comments:

Post a Comment