Wednesday, April 26, 2017

OUGD503 YCN - The Grown Up Chocolate Company - Evaluation

Evaluation:
I have found this brief to be extremely challenging as I really struggled to come up with strong design ideas. I think this was due to the brief being to broad and maybe I wasn't quite connecting enough with the humorous nature of the brand. I struggled to try and inject humour into the design but I have kept the design fun and playful. I think that this brief would have worked better if I had worked collaboratively with someone else as I would have been able to bounce ideas around. However I think that the challenge has been really beneficial as it has pushed me out of my comfort zone.

Working with the net was also challenging trying to apply the design correctly so that it would look right when 3D, it was using a more practical way of thinking that I really enjoyed. I have struggled slightly with time management as I was so stuck for ideas at the beginning of the project that really held me back. Next time I will try and get more feedback and support if I am struggling for ideas as I realise how detrimental that can be to a project. I have enjoyed working on a more professional brief but because I struggled with it, it has made it less enjoyable. Although, I am reasonably happy with my final design as it is a more abstract and expressive than I would usually do and I believe that I met all the requirements and guidelines within the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment