Wednesday, April 26, 2017

OUGD503 YCN - The Grown Up Chocolate Company - Developing Ideas (Tray Design)

Developing Ideas - Tray Design:

From the designs I have already done for the sleeve it allowed me to create the tray designs a lot more easily as I already had the main designs to work from.

Outside:



Inside:


I decided to keep all of the sides a dark brown to match the sides of the sleeve. I then used the pattern as the bottom of the tray inside and outside to provide cohesion with the tray and the sleeve. On the outside of the tray I have used the circle logo in the middle of the tray to provide a strong visual focus for there brand. I have also left the specified box for nutritional information. On the inside of the tray I have used large scale type with a message to help connect with the consumer. This will only be visible when the chocolate bars are removed from the tray. This is to make the consumer aware that all of the chocolate is handmade.

Outside:



Inside:



For this design I have decided to keep the sides white, the same as on the sides of the sleeve. The inside of the tray and outside use the same pattern as on the sleeve but the design is now landscape instead of portrait. This is because of the way you would pick up the box, turn it on its side to slide the tray out and look at the chocolate from left to right taking in all of the flavours, rather than portrait looking up and down. On the bottom of the tray I have used the pink logo as this works more cohesively with the design and was easy to place. The catchphrase has been placed inside a circle to draw attention and stand out from the patterned background. Again a box has been left for the nutritional information. The inside of the tray uses large scale typography which matches the sleeve to provide a point of intrigue when removing the bars from the tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment