Monday, February 8, 2016

OUGD404 Studio Brief 01 - How do you read? - Front Cover Designs

Today I started to experiment with front cover ideas so that I can set the theme for the rest of my leaflet. I have also decided on sizing for my leaflet. I want the shape of my leaflet to be square so all sides need to be equal. Because I am doing a tri-fold I only need 3 squares, I decided to work on an A3 sheet so that it's not too big. This divided up would be 42cm divided by 3 which is 14cm.

So my leaflet folded up will be 14cm x 14cm.


I also began looking at digital interpretations of the front cover:





I really like the picture framed by a thick white border as it makes the design seem more sleek and ordered. I have also played around with how the type could be laid out and I prefer it when the type is slightly cut off either top or bottom and one word being larger that the other to produce an interesting visual focus. Because I do not want to spend too long working on the front cover I am going to go with my last design idea as this is my favourite design and I can base the rest of the leaflet design around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment