Sunday, February 21, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 - Professional Practice - Secret 7 - Self Evaluation and Reflection

Self Evaluation and Reflection
I have found this brief really exciting but a lot more nerve racking as it is a live competition brief. I found that within the class people became a lot more competitive and seemed more motivated to produce a really good design, than with some of the other tasks. I found with this task that I had a more thought out design process which allowed me to get a range of ideas and this is something im going to take forward to improve my design practice within other tasks. Within the feedback process I found that it wasn't as useful as it could be, whether that was due to the questions I asked or not, next time I will make sure I ask the most appropriate. However I would have preferred an approach were we sat down in groups as I feel I gain the most beneficial feedback from those types of crits. If I had more time within this task I probably would have set the ice in the photography studio with the proper background and lighting, as that has hindered me entering some of my work due to odd colourings. Overall I have really enjoyed this task as it allowed me to come up with interesting and creative ideas without any limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment