Saturday, February 6, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 - Professional Practice - Secret 7 - Design Ideas and Feedback

I began coming up with ideas for the first track I wanted to do, Chvrches - Clearest Blue. From my brainstorm I was able to create a few visual sketches of some possible ideas.
The first couple of ideas weren't my strongest but as the process went on I seemed to come up with more ambiguous ideas.




My favourite idea was using the sea eroded rock texture as it relates well to the meaning of the song and seemed to be an idea no one else had thought about. I noticed within my designs there seemed to be a lot of geographical connotations and texture usage.

Feedback:
Within small groups I was put with people that weren't doing the same tracks as me. I found the feedback useful as they helped me to develop an idea that I hadn't really considered taking any further. It also helped me to notice problems and become more material and process focussed. They liked the idea of the iris zoomed in and water droplets zoomed in so that you can't actually distinguish what they are but they give a nice effect/texture. I could also use this method on the rock formations and geological erosions, however the problem with this being is that it is extremely unlikely that I am taking my own photos. This is a bit of a problem because I need to make sure that the photos I do use are allowed to be used commercially but also it takes away from it being my own all original work. To get around this the pictures would have to be edited or used minimally maybe. 

Another good idea was within the water droplets the rock texture is refracted/reflected in that, which could produce a really interesting outcome. While having the crit I began to think about materials more and thought about scratching into a surface to create the right effect, possibly polystyrene. I also had the idea of using clear perspect to take an effective photo of water droplets. And the last idea I had from the crit was freezing some water while adding blue food dye to see what sort of effect that has and then taking a photo of it.

Considerations:
  • Synonyms 
  • Materials
  • Music Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment