Monday, February 8, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 - Professional Practice - Secret 7 - Digital Experimentation

I wanted to look at first how I could digitally interpret some of my sketched out designs, this is because I am in the process of buying materials and finding the appropriate time to test some of my other ideas out. I began by taking my first sketch of a water droplet/tear and seeing how I could produce something simple and striking.










If I was to go down this route I prefer the droplet at a slightly smaller scale as it produces an intriguing visual and I quite like it with the black outline as it gives it a nice cartoon effect that stands out. However I don't know whether this design has enough behind it to stand out and get selected. There is also the issue that I am using a texture that is not my own, although it is in the public domain. (http://bgfons.com/download/4545) (http://bgfons.com/download/4633).

I then moved on to look at a sea eroded rock texture and how I could edit the photo. After googling for effects, I found something called the molar-tooth structure which is from sea erosion, this is the link to where I found the image (http://web.eps.utk.edu/faculty/kah.php). I took this into photoshop added a pixelated effect, inverted the colours and then added a water ripple effect.





I really like the ripple effect that has been created and maybe I could use this elsewhere within my designs such as when looking at the iris? I really like this pattern that has been created as is has a 3D feel to it and a sense of depth. I prefer it with the white border as it frames the texture well.

I then moved on to look at my puddle idea and how I could incorporate the water droplet into that.









Next I wanted to look at more expressive ideas, so I had a look at the different photoshop filters which i have never discovered before now! The filters allowed me to produce an array of different patterns/designs.













I really like the patterns as they progress as they produce an interesting trippy visual. I like the effects it has produced but it doesn't have much meaning or a story behind it. Maybe I could edit one of my own photos using this effect? I think I need further feedback on whether or not to go in this direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment