Sunday, February 21, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 - Professional Practice - Secret 7 - Submissions

I have selected 4 designs that I would like to submit for the competition:

I have chosen this design because I like stark contrast between the white and the blue, making the ice look like hyper real crystals of sorts. It is an immersive design, with a striking central focus that draws you in.
Design Inspiration: Ice is a transparent crystalline solid, only remaining solid under certain conditions, the same as a relationship, it can all melt away.


I have chosen this design because I like the way the ice is pressed against the cover, giving it a 3D feel. The water droplets are really engaging and I feel reflect how the relationship in the song is being pressed thin.


I really like the compositional element of this cover as it enhances the design. Although the background isn't white, but a slightly off white, I think It could still have potential within the competition.


This last design had a mixed review but I personally really like this design as there was a lot of thought behind the image selection. Because the song is related to water and a relationship thats falling apart, I thought about the way that a sea erodes rocks and I found this really striking image that reflects it really well.
Design Inspiration: The sea is a powerful natural force which erodes rocks, very much reflecting the nature of the relationship within the song.






No comments:

Post a Comment