Monday, February 8, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 - Professional Practice - Secret 7 - Digital Experimentation

Because I really wanted to take forward the idea of the sea eroded rock. I began by sketching out the rock to see what effect that would produce. Unfortunately I had no patience with the drawing and it is very poorly sketched, I did not put in enough detail to show the texture of the rock and the sea correctly. 


However I really liked the image that I worked from, I wanted to see how this could be manipulated to produce my own design from it.


I took the image into illustrator and image traced over it to form a piece that I could edit easily.





I really like the different outcomes as it is interesting and striking. I think my favourite has to be the last one as the grainy effect gives it a static electronic feel which relates to the music genre. I also like the coloured effect that it has produced as it is quite unusual but will grab attention. My least favourite is the 3rd one because I think it has been too heavily edited that the image has lost its shape and detail too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment