Tuesday, February 2, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 01 - Professional Practice - Secret 7 - Practice using last years

Today we began work towards the new live brief that we've been set. We have to design a record sleeve for a 7inch vinyl for 7 different tracks, from 7 different artists. We looked at the tracks from last year and chose one to design a sleeve for. We had to design an obvious one for a track and an ambiguous one. This helped us to better understand the different idea generation we could go down.

I chose the track 'Go' by The Maccabees.
I sketched out 2 obvious designs and 2 less obvious ones. If I was to take this further I would have produced digital versions.
I found this task quite useful as I was able to see what direction others would go in and it has made me recognise that I need to push my designs further. I also found that a lot of people had put a lot of effort in to produce a digital representation which made there designs come to life more. Next time I will try and work faster to produce at least one digital representation.



No comments:

Post a Comment