Wednesday, April 18, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 07: The Clash - I'm Not Down (Development)

The Clash - I'm Not Down (Development):

Based on the ideas that I had sketched down I took a few of them to start developing them digitally. I have experimented with colours which are used within punk design, high contrast and colours that clash.

I started working with the spiral idea.











I added a brush effect to the spiral lines and it has created a really nice effect and the colour contrast works well to stand out.


















I was thinking about the arrows on boxes that say 'This Way Up' and I thought about how I could ironically change this into a smiling face.





I began looking at how I could play around with upwards arrows and pattern.











I began thinking about one of the lyrics talking about skyscrapers, so I thought id do the perspective as if down on the ground looking up at how tall they are.









I thought about those inflatable punching bags that obviously get knocked down but come back up. I then thought about making the punching bag a clown because a clown always has a painted on smile and they aren't down.



No comments:

Post a Comment