Wednesday, November 9, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Binding and Cutting

Binding and Cutting:
I found the binding process not too difficult once I had been reminded of the method, however once I had finished I have realised that the bind isn't as strong as I wanted it to be. This means that the pages do shift around a little bit, although I think that overall it does suit and reflect the hand crafted nature. Once I had bound it the edges needed to be cut down more accurately to give nice straight edges, it was suggested to use the electric guillotine. However unfortunately because the bind allowed the pages some movement it was hard to keep them all in place which actually made the cut uneven. But because I didn't want to do anymore damage by cutting it down further again I decided to leave it, as it isn't very noticeable and adds to the handcrafted feel. If I was too do this again I would make sure that I have a nice tight bind and take more care when cutting things down, potentially practicing first as I seem to struggle with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment