Monday, November 7, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Final Layout Design

Final Layout Design:
From the feedback that I received I produced a layout where the handwriting had either a full page or a double page spread. I also tried to vary the scale and placement to look as natural and interesting/engaging as possible. The numbers below the handwriting correspond to the information about who wrote them at the back of the publication. This is the interactive element as the reader will flick back and forth to find who did what.























During one of the feedback sessions it was suggested that I should do the last handwriting in the book, and it should also be a phrase to say goodbye. This adds a personal element and ends the publication on a slightly humorous note. I felt that it helped give life to the publication as if all of these handwritings were personified and were speaking to the reader. I felt this would help it to be more engaging and create a friendly inviting mood.



Overall I received very positive feedback on the layout, the lack of structure helps it to feel more personal and natural. The information at the back of the book is organised clearly, so that it is easy to read and follow. With this feedback I knew that I would be ready to start test printing my publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment