Saturday, November 5, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Layout Design

Layout Design:

To begin with I drew out some initial ideas of how I would lay out my content, this will help me to better visualise. I want the handwriting to be the main focus on the page, I do not want anything to draw attention away from that, therefore I am going to be working purely with the handwriting content I have gathered. I want to produce a publication where the content is the main focus of interest and the design does not impede on this too much. 

I started with how I could potentially lay it out within an A5 portrait format.



I then looked at how the layout would work in the square format.



Feedback:
The A5 format and layout was preferred over the square due to less ordered look of the design. Handwriting hasn't got hard structured edges and the square format seemed to contain it so that it was ordered which didn't reflect what I wanted it to portray. It was also felt that square format can feel quite clumsy to hold and wouldn't be seen on a shelf as clearly. Overall the A5 portrait reflected how a standard page would look if you were writing, therefore it was felt that this would relate more to the content. Image placement looks interesting, particularly over a double page, but I need to mock it up digitally to get a better feel for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment