Sunday, January 15, 2017

OUGD503 Studio Brief 02 - Collaboration Briefs I am Interested In

Studio Brief 02 - Collaboration Briefs I am Interested In:

Although I had already looked at the YCN and D&AD briefs to respond to individually, I wanted to look them all over again to see if any would now be more appropriate to respond to collaboratively. This is because some of the previous that I might have originally dismissed now may seem more feasible. 

YCN:

- BEAR
This was a brief I had considered responding to individually, but collaboratively if working with an illustrator to come up with the bear character, could produce a much better design. As I would be able to organise and design the card whilst utilising the illustrations. However, this would not require more than two people to complete, and I want to try and push myself to learn from as many people as I can.

- GREENALL'S GIN
Again this was another brief that I had considered answering individually. However due to the broad nature of the brief and there not being many limitations of what you can produce, it might be more beneficial to work in a team to get a really strong and distinct idea.

- ORCHARD PIG
This seems like a really fun and engaging brief, something that I would really enjoy coming up with ideas for, but I don't know if it's a product I am particularly interested in.

- THIRSTY PLANET
This again is relatively broad with what you can produce which is good, and it's an issue I would really like to get behind and help to try and do some good within design.

D&AD:

- DESPERADOS
This is quite a big brief but working with music is something that interests me.

- FUR FOR ANIMALS
This is another campaign I can get behind, to try and promote awareness in the best possible way rather than scare tactics.

- THE NATIONAL AUTISTIC SOCIETY 
Although I have never worked with video/film before, this will be something that will help me to develop my practice. As well as working on an issue that helps society change its perceptions, which is something I am interested in.

- MUBI
This is something I can relate to and I think that I could understand and represent the brand well.

SHORTLIST:

1. THIRSTY PLANET -  I have decided to choose this brief because I like the ethos of the brand as well as trying to do good through design. I am the target audience they are aiming for so this will help to give insight into what tactics actually work. The broad nature of the deliverables is also important as it will allow for more creativity without limits, as well as utilising different areas of design.

2. ORCHARD PIG - I think that this brief will be really fun, yet challenging but overall I think that I would benefit and learn new skills. I already like the branding of the company and different aspects of design can be integrated quite easily within a digital content.

3. THE NATIONAL AUTISTIC SOCIETY - This is another project I think that I could really get involved with and the importance of it will drive that. I am interested in clear communication and I think that is integral within this.

No comments:

Post a Comment