Monday, January 2, 2017

OUGD504 Studio Brief 02 - Colour (DESIGN)

Colour (Design):
Within the current design of 'Platter' it uses white, black and greys. This is something that I want to stick with as I believe it works as a strong platform to highlight the recipe images, making them look more engaging.



If I was to inject colour into the design it would be used sparingly and only used to highlight certain areas.

Starting with black as my main colour, I have created tints which add white to the colour, gradually getting lighter.



These will work well to create colour harmony and are reflective of the previous design.

Colours in the design:

Background - #DFDFDF

Top Bar - #000000

Icon outlines - #DFDFDF

Icon background - #000000

Knife and fork / magnifying glass icons - #000000

My Food icon backgrounds - #404040

My Food icon outlines - #DFDFDF

Recipes text - #000000

Star icon - #808080

Background bars - #404040

Text colour on background bars - #DFDFDF

Camera capture button - #202020

Calendar alert markers - #202020




No comments:

Post a Comment