Tuesday, January 31, 2017

OUGD503 Papyrus - Colouring Book Brief

Papyrus Brief - Colouring Book

Who are they:

A national charity for the prevention of young suicide. They have been encouraging people to #talkthroughthetaboo.

Stress is a leading cause of mental health problems. Papyrus focus on keeping our minds healthy, this colouring book should be used as a preventative tool for keeping a healthy mind.

The charity provide support for anyone feeling suicidal and the families who have lost loved ones. Their HOPEline has professionals waiting to help any young person in need.

The Project:
Colouring has been proven to relieve stress and anxiety, calming the mind and allowing people to unwind and relax. 

The aim of this project is to publish a colouring book titled 'The Art of a Peaceful Mind'.

The Brief:
In an adult colouring book style line drawing, create a visual representation of something that helps me feel calm and relaxed, with a couple of line explaining what it is i've drawn and why.

I can be as literal or abstract as I like. The specifications are that it needs to be A3 landscape with space for my paragraph, either using Staedtler 0.3mm fine liner pen or a 3px brush if working digitally.

Submission:

Deadline: 27th February 2017

Entries should be submitted via email to laura.wood@tbwamanchester.co.uk

It should include:
My work - Hand drawn work should be scanned at 600dpi and sent as a PDF, digital wrk should be sent as an illustrator file. If it's took big to attach in an email, use wetransfer and include a link to your work in the email.

A couple sentences about your piece.

My contact details - My name, age, university/college, and a link to my website/online portfolio for them to include in the book.

If possible, include a time lapse video of me creating the illustration.

Contacts:
If I have any questions, contact: julia.buck@tbwamanchester.co.uk

Example:




No comments:

Post a Comment