Sunday, October 23, 2016

OUGD503 D&AD Briefs that I would be interested in responding to

D&AD Briefs that I would be interested in responding to:

- Fur For Animals

I am potentially interested in tackling this brief because it is doing design work that will make a difference in the world, for a good cause. Doing work like this inspires me, as I am aware of the scale of people this could reach and how my work could convince people to make a change. Doing an awareness campaign is also impressive because if successful, it shows that you have communicated clearly to such a big, diverse audience, making me believe that I could tackle anything.

- Arjowiggins

I find this to be a really interesting brief as it does tackle a current issue within the design world. Taking a purely digital idea and turning it into something on paper requires a really strong concept. I think if I chose this brief it would really help push the limits and help me to really think creatively and outside of the box. The experience of this brief would be beneficial to push my practice further.

- Hasbro

I think that this brief is really challenging, and I think that I would really enjoy that. I personally love board games, I always have from a young age, I feel that with this brief I would be able to connect and engage with it really well. It is also really exciting that there is the potential for your game to be made and sold globally, you would definitely be remembered for it.

However, I am not completely sold on the briefs for D&AD, none of them have really grabbed my attention enough to get me excited about it. After looking further into D&AD it also doesn't seem like the best award for me personally. The briefs aren't something I can fully connect with, and I don't particularly agree with certain things they do, such as charging you for the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment