Monday, October 10, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Feedback Friday

Feedback:
On Friday we had a large crit group discussing the ideas we have for our publication. For my concept I had two ideas to present, one being a publication based on graffiti tagging, the other on handwriting. I found the large group quite intimidating and it made me nervous to share my ideas, but I did gain some valuable feedback.

Overall everyone seemed to agree that the handwriting concept was a stronger more unique idea, so all of my feedback is directed towards that concept.

- The design could be done in a notebook style

- Hide who has done the handwriting, reveal after the pictures have been seen.

- Facts about the person to provide more context

- Have a photo of everyone 

- Short biographies of the person

- Contact and get in touch with people to take part in the publication (could create external links).

- If I am starting with the word hello, I could end it with my own handwriting saying goodbye.

- The handwriting could build up a story like consequences, each person only sees the sentence before to build this story.

- This type of publication would have a broad target audience because it is targeting a broad range of people, and it is appropriate to everyone.

- I could create a return to sender letter if I wanted to try and connect with different people.

- Instead of the word hello, everyone could write their name.

This feedback was useful as it has helped me realise that I can analyse and broaden my concept so much further to find the most appropriate way of communicating my idea. I think putting information about the people involved either hidden or at the end will be a really good why at helping to add some context. As well, the suggestion about contacting people and design studios will help to initiate contact and will help with networking which is a valuable experience. Im going to take into account these points when I work further on the content of the book. Although, I need to start collecting pictures as soon as possible so I need to make these decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment