Saturday, October 22, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Content - Handwriting Scans

Handwriting Scans:

To gather my content I used an A5 notebook and went round asking people to write a greeting word such as hello, hi, hey etc. I then asked them for their name, age, occupation and whether they are right or left handed.



























The scanned images left a nice effect as small details of the pen stroke were able to be picked up, which might not have been picked up by a camera. The texture of the paper also comes through on the image which I think adds to the rawness and overall effect. I am happy with how they have turned out, however because people had written on both sides of the paper it can be seen to be coming through in the image faintly. This will need to be something that I edit out as well as making the black of the ink stand out, and lastly making sure the colour of the backgrounds are similar - some have bluish tones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment