Tuesday, October 11, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Further Feedback

Further Feedback

As we are coming to the second week working on our publications, I feel that I might be behind from where I should be in the process. I decided to talk through my concept with Simon H to help give me more focus of where I should be at, and to help give me more structure.

- Textured stock - smooth stock wouldn't capture the flow of the handwriting properly, the stock within the texture can capture the strokes more interestingly. (I could buy a small sketchbook and get people to write in the middle of the page - consistent stock choice and the same pen could be used.)

- I need to make sure that I have lot's of content so that I can edit and arrange it appropriately.

- Potentially do a zine - could experiment with newsprint (folds?)

- I need to explore different binding methods (something that relates to the content).

- At the back of the publication, from the numbered pages, have it corresponding to who the handwriting relates to, name, age, gender, occupation, nationality, county etc.

- Target audience - people in the craft of handwriting - lettering as a profession - type enthusiasts - creatives.

Talking through my idea with Simon has made me feel a lot more motivated to really get  stuck in and start to develop and explore this concept further. I feel that having a strong concept is important to me as it is something that I can get behind and will hold my interest. Time needs to be a big consideration, I am going to write a big plan of action to get me started, if I stick to it and considering if everything goes well I should be able to finish everything for the deadline on the 4th of November.  

No comments:

Post a Comment