Saturday, October 22, 2016

OUGD504 Studio Brief 01 - Scanning Vs Photographing

Scanning Vs Photographing:

As my content is all written handwriting I need to decide the best way to turn physical copy into digital so I could work with it on screen. I could either scan them in or take photos of them. Scanning is generally simpler and faster then taking photos. The resolution would work well because it is only working with black, tones will be captured better. If I was to take photographs I would be responsible for centering, framing, lighting, focusing, and keeping the object flat - all things the scanner does intrinsically. I think that the problem with scanning is it is time consuming but overall I don't think that photographing would be that much quicker because of the setting up, therefore I am going to scan in my content.

No comments:

Post a Comment