Friday, May 12, 2017

OUGD505 Studio Brief 02 - Feedback

Feedback:
After having a feedback session today it was clear that I wasn't articulating the brief appropriately. As I hadn't wrote it out I wasn't quite clear what I was doing and I think this became obvious when I tried to explain my idea, as it wasn't being quite understood. However, I did manage to get some feedback to help develop the idea or some other areas of interest to look into relating to racism.

SOCIAL MEDIA
Consider the social media aspect of the campaign due to the audience reach. This could be done by creating hashtags and getting something trending. This could be #CallItOut, #ReportHate, #Don'tJustWatch etc. App which allows people to instantly report hate crime.

ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO DO MORE
This needs to underpin the campaign, I need to really promote and encourage people to act. Need to look at tone of voice. How can I persuade?

HOW TO INTERVENE?
It was suggested that people might not know what to do if they witness a racial hate crime. Could give instructions on how to confront someone and handle a situation. Give appropriate information on who to report incidents to. Show solidarity and support for victims.

CCTV
Someone suggested to use a different approach and use CCTV to threaten people that might commit a racial hate crime, by emphasising you are being watched and it is a criminal offence - punishment.

ICONOGRAPHY
A more official style of icons could potentially make people take notice and follow it.

This feedback has been really useful and has given me different ideas for where I could potentially take the art direction of the campaign. I am going to write out the brief so I know what I am working towards and I can have more structure to my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment