Wednesday, May 17, 2017

OUGD505 Studio Brief 02 - Range (Posters)

Range:
Now that I have finished the publication I need to think about the range of the campaign and what other collateral I could make in relation to the brief. Based on the design of the publication I think a poster campaign could be really successful, using the graphic images and snippets of information from the leaflet.

Initial Poster Designs:
I want to follow the same design as the publication to provide cohesion and recognition with the campaign. Im going to use the same typeface so that it stands out, in capitals the bold letterforms command attention and encourage action. Lowercase helps to set a friendly tone due to the rounded letterforms. As the graphic image is quite large the text needed to stand out from that, black fades too much into the background. White helps to provide a striking colour contrast and draw attention to the information. The information is concise and hopes to encourage people to help. I will need to play around with layout and scale to produce an engaging design.


I think the text might be too close to the edge of the page.


I think that this has produced a really engaging design. The text works better not so close to the edge of the page. The only drawback is that from a distance the white text might not be as legible on the yellow background.



The last poster design required more information than some of the others, I decreased the type size so that it would fit on appropriately. 

I still need to tweak the design of these posters but overall I am happy with the direction they are heading in, they work together as a set.

Editing:


I moved the text away from the edge of the page to help give it more space. I also decreased the size of the logo so that it's not the main point of focus. However, the graphic illustration is quite large and doesn't give as much space around the text as the other poster designs, im going to play around with the scale a bit more.


Having the illustration at a smaller scale gives the text more space to breath, giving the message greater impact. 


I felt that the layout on this poster already worked well at presenting the information clearly and concisely. I decreased the logo size to match the previous design. I want to keep the text white as it matches the other posters in the series and creates cohesion with design. I also changed 'If you intervene with a racial attack..' to 'If you intervene in a racial attack' as this sounded better and I think is more grammatically correct.


Again I was already happy with the layout, so I only slightly moved the bottom right text so that it has a bit more space around it.


Keeping the small text information together helps to separate it from the other text, this allows for it to be read more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment