Saturday, May 13, 2017

OUGD505 Studio Brief 02 - Front Cover Idea 02

Front Cover Idea 02:
For my second design of my front cover I decided to just work with Arial Black Regular just to use for the mock ups. Within this idea I wanted to work more typographically, I wanted to see if I could be more playful with the type, as this is something I want to try and get better at. Pairing it with the legs helped the design look like the text is the body. I think that this produces a more intriguing and engaging design.








After receiving feedback on these designs from a peer they felt like the 1st design doesn't quite work with the text flushed left. This is because it doesn't quite give any shape of a body, so doesn't suggest the legs are attached to it as well. The 2nd design justified centrally produces a square shape which is more even and creates that body shape, it was suggested to further play around with scale on both the type and the legs. For the 3rd design they said that they liked the concept but its quite chunky and makes the text quite hard to read.

Based on the feedback that I received I want to try and play around with the second design more looking at scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment