Saturday, March 31, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 03: Evaluation

Evaluation:
I wanted to take part in this competition again as last year I really enjoyed coming up with different ideas. However, this year I seemed to struggle with the visuals more so than I did last year. I really enjoy researching and trying to work out what would be the most engaging concept but it seemed more difficult than last year. I don't know whether it was to do with the book that I had chosen or whether I was distracted at the time. The ideas that I had sketched out didn't seem engaging enough or much different from what had already been done. 

As the deadline was approaching and I still hadn't got a solid design idea I decided to start roughly sketching out some of the characters within the book. This change of direction allowed me to come up with a different design for the cover. What I have learnt from this project is that I need to start sketching out sooner and trying out different variations of a design. Planning out my time better and getting stuck into the design sooner will help me to produce more varied outcomes. Overall, I am happy with the final design but it could possibly have been worked on a bit more to refine the sketches and the placement of the pattern. 





No comments:

Post a Comment