Wednesday, March 28, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 04: Pattern Development

Pattern Development:

Based on the feedback I have decided to work further with the 3rd pattern, adding colour to see what works the most appropriately. I played around with the different colours that are used within the baskets.















Feedback:
I showed the different colours combinations to a few of my peers and although they did like the bright colours they were unsure whether it fitted into the luxury market. It was suggested to maybe work with one colour and do it tonal so light to dark. This might help the design seem more harmonious than the current clashing of colours.

Tonal Patterns:







After doing the red I have realised that the colour tones are too similar so I need to adjust that slightly for a better tonal pattern. I think that the orange works really well the tones work together in harmony. I don't think that it works as well with the yellow, so Im going to try out a different colour that works with orange and red.



I think that the purple works better than the yellow as it will show up more on the tin.



I have adjusted the red so that the tonal variation can be seen more clearly.

As I am doing a set of 3 I am going to use the red, orange and purple as my set and to differentiate between the different roasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment