Monday, March 12, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 06: Type Experimentation

Type Experimentation:
Based on the feedback we received from Daniel we need to experiment more with different typefaces in a playful manner.

My Experiments:

Palanquin Dark








Aldrich




Russo One




PT Sans Caption




Quicksand




Ubunto 





NTR








Secular One




I tried to experiment with typefaces that had different stroke widths and weights to provide more varied choice. Not all of the typefaces work but it is good to see different variations of what we could potentially use.

Further Development:
I really like the idea of slicing the text so that it looks like its radiating out but I think that it needs a bit more refinement.



I decided to have the full text at the bottom and the sliced text above it which I think works a lot better. I also changed the colour so that the alternate type is yellow to provide a colour contrast. Each text layer opacity has been adjusted so that it looks like it is fading out.



I then tried the design out with a top and bottom fade out, but after asking some of my peers which they preferred, they liked the fade out just from above, top and bottom was too much for the design.

After showing the designs to the rest of my team they said that they liked the type experiment but felt that it could be applied to a better background. Emma sent me some backgrounds that she has edited so I could test the type out.





I think that changing the background really helped as it works nicely with the text, the bright vibrant colours help to make it stand out. I added some noise to the background to  give it a bit more texture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment