Tuesday, March 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 04: Tin Shape (Research)

Tin Shape:
I want to be able to physically mock up my design and the best way to do that is by working with tin. This way I can mock up a design and explain the different finishes that I would use. I found a website that sells tins in different shapes and sizes that would be suitable to store coffee in.


Silver Round Seamless Slip Lid Tins with Windows


This tin has a window on the top which could be nice to view coffee beans but wouldn't necessarily be worth it for ground coffee. I also don't know if the window will make the product look like less of a luxury item.

Silver Round Twist Lid Tin


This can is nice and tall so would be able to store a good amount of coffee. It has a smooth shape and a large surface area to work with.

Silver Round Welded Side Seam Tin


I like the shape of the lids on these tins, I think that they look sleek and would work well as a set. 

Silver Square Stepped Lid Tin


I like the square design as it has a more rigid design which could work really well.

Silver Round Clip Lid Tins


I like that this lid has a clip as it highlights that it will keep things fresh, it also makes the tin look more expensive and of a higher quality.

I have found these tins on Tinware Direct, where I can order samples from which will be perfect for me to mock up my design.

I have decided to choose the silver round clip lid tins as I think it is the best design to give that luxury feel. The clip adds a nice detail to the tin design and makes the lid look more secure which would help keep things fresh. I have placed the order which came to just under £10 for three tins with postage. Once it arrives I will need to measure the sides to mock up a net to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment