Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 02: Evaluation

Evaluation:
I chose to do this brief because I wanted to improve my skills working with typography. As I had set a short deadline for it to be completed, it encouraged me to work a lot faster. This was beneficial for me as sometimes I spend too long on briefs and don’t get as much done as I want.

I enjoyed doing this brief as I took a more hands on approach cutting and sticking my design. Approaching the brief with this method allowed me to consider placement and layout a lot more, which was beneficial to my design. It was also quite nice to take a step back from a screen and create things physically. I think if I was to do this brief again I would try to think more about type manipulation rather than layout and placement. Overall I am pleased with my final outcome as I feel that it is a striking visual however I don’t know if that takes away from the actual type itself. Typography is something that I want to learn more about and engage with it in different ways and I do feel like I have learnt from this brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment