Sunday, May 13, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 09: Evaluation

Evaluation:
For my final brief I wanted it to be packaging focused as this is the career direction I am heading towards. I thought that it would be really beneficial to work on a brief with an illustrator  where the artwork is ready for me. I enjoyed having complete control of the brief as I was able to focus the direction I wanted it to head in. Meg was really easy to work with, we mainly communicated over email which worked really effectively. She also produced the work really quickly capturing the style that I wanted. When I found some issues with the formatting of the patterns, Meg sorted out the problems extremely quickly which made my life a lot easier. 

I did struggle to work with the pattern however because it was so busy, I needed to find a way to make sure the type didn’t get lost. I really enjoyed the challenge and I was able to figure out a way around it that didn’t take anything away from the overall design. The previous briefs where I have improved my type and layout skills really came in handy to help me tackle this. Through feedback and testing I was able to find the most appropriate outcome that worked harmoniously with the design. The typeface I have chosen is big and bold to grab attention whilst still having a fun/friendly character. Keeping the type white has helped to keep a clean and healthy overall feel to the brand.

Overall I have really enjoyed doing this brief and I am really pleased with the final outcome. Using my research I was able to identify what would appeal to children whilst also appealing to the parent/guardian that would purchase it. The bright, bold pattern helps to grab attention and stand out from other brands - being vibrant and engaging. This will make children want to pick it up, whilst the joke on the side really helps the packaging to interact with the child.

I have received constant feedback during this project which has helped me to make decisions quickly, as well as giving me good advice to improve the overall design. Using a mock-up has made the design look more professional, although it was difficult working out how to apply the pattern initially.

No comments:

Post a Comment