Monday, May 7, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 09: Type Placement & Colour

Type Placement:
I tested out different type placements working with just black texts, I then applied the background to see if it worked well with the pattern.



Black text doesn't work that well on the background making it harder to read and less legible. 

My favourite two:



I like these two placements as the brand is big and bold, helping it to stand out. The 1st design has the brand name at a slight angle which helps to add more movement. The second design is clear and bold. Both designs show the important information clearly on the front.

Colour:



I think that the text works nicely white as it seems bright, healthy and engaging. However, it isn't that legible, potentially adding an outline could make it stand out more against the background.



This has helped a little bit but the text still needs to stand out more.




I tried putting a shape with a low opacity to tone down the pattern and make the text stand out more. I think that a white overlay works better as the black tones down the pattern too much.

I added squares behind the text to help it stand out against the busy pattern, I think this works but I think black might be too start a contrast.







I've decided to go for the design with the slanted logo as I feel that it helps to give off a more friendly and fun feel. The green seems to work the best at helping the text stand out but also working effectively with the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment