Monday, May 7, 2018

OUGD603 Brief 09: Mockup Testing

Mockup Testing:
I have decided to buy a mockup so that it will look more professional. I have gone for a small juice carton with a resealable lid. This is different from what is on the market, being card it can easily be recycled and having a resealable lid is also really useful.



Pattern:
It was quite difficult to sort the pattern as I need to make sure it joins up on each side. I have managed to sort it out as there is a clipping mask over the shape which has allowed me to easily apply the pattern.

Pineapple Mockup:
I have mocked it up with the pattern which I think works really well, however now that I have added the type the smaller type isn't as legible.



Increasing small text size...



Increasing the text size has helped to make the smaller text stand out. This text doesn't need to be legible from a distance only the brand logo needs to be see from a distance.




I noticed that the pattern isn't exactly working with the 3D shape where the carton folds in on the left. I've cut half of the pineapple off so that it works more effectively. I have also increased the type size again so that it is more legible.

Apple Lemonade:



Pear, Carrot and Orange:



Feedback:
Showing my designs to one of my peers, they weren't sure about the smaller text being similar to the 'Juiced fruit...'. They suggest trying a different typeface which looks more like copy text - just to differentiate between the information.

Responding to Feedback:






I changed the smaller type to lowercase and put each text only on one line. This works a lot better as the hierarchy of information is a lot clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment