Friday, April 15, 2016

OUGD404 - Overview of the Design Principles used in my designs

Overview of the Design Principles used in my designs:

How do you read?:
COLUMNS - Within this leaflet I used a one column structure. The width of the page isn't too big so it didn't make the line length of the text too long. I felt that if I had more than one the design would be overwhelming and crowded

MARGINS - I have used a margin of about 1mm. This helps provide an eye break for the reader, some necessary white space. I think that I could have utilised this better and given a bigger margin to not make the text seem as cramped. I should have increased the size of my leaflet to accommodate all of the information rather than trying to make it work.

HEADLINES - Centrally aligned at the top of each page to indicate what information will be on the page.

SUB-HEADS - Flushed left to keep in line with the body text. This makes the chunk of text seem more stream lined and improves readability.

Over viewing the principles I have included within the design has made me realise that I haven't applied enough of the design principles.

What is a book?:
COLUMNS - Within my book on the introduction I used one column as doing more than one for the big chunk of text wouldn't be appropriate, it would look too cluttered. For the rest I have used a two column system to break up the text more effectively and allow it to be processed and read more clearly.

GUTTERS - I have used a 4mm gutter to help separate the text more clearly on the page. Allowing for better printing and readability.

MARGINS - I have used a 3mm margin to provide a break, and make the text look more centered  on the page.

HEADLINES - Flushed left at the top of the page to keep in the same line as the body text. To make the design seem more organised and uniformed.

SUB-HEADS - Flushed left to again stay in line with the main body text and improve readability.

Again I think that I could have utilised some more of the principles within my designs. I think for next year I should try and focus myself within this module a bit better. Although I haven't included everything because it might not necessarily be appropriate for my design. 


No comments:

Post a Comment