Friday, April 29, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 02 - Licence to Print Money - Self Evaluation and Feedback

Self Evaluation:
I have found this brief really challenging to come up with a suitable idea for the banknote. Doing lot’s of research has helped me to produce a more informed design. However I have noticed that I am lacking in visual sketches I seemed to go with the first idea I had come up with. This is because typographically I was limited to the ideas that I could think of for it. But I do believe that compositionally it works well to produce an interesting and compelling design. I was really pleased to find that my design stood out as being completely typographically based, this shows that I did a thorough initial idea process to create a unique design.

I have struggled with time limits with this brief, as when the design hadn’t printed the way I wanted, I hadn’t allowed extra time to try and refine it. I think within my design I could have tried to make it look bolder and more exciting, possibly experimenting more with stock and colour choice. Overall I think I have produced a good design and with an addition of a numeral and refinement in printing, I know that I can produce a professional looking design that is exhibition worthy.

Feedback:
It was believed that I have produced a strong and interestingly visual design. They particularly liked the compositional elements with the text and enjoyed looking at all the different slang. However it was felt the design might not look too much like a bank note, possible adding a numeral to the composition will help this. They liked the transparency of the word ‘FIVER’ providing visual intrigue and highlighting security features.

No comments:

Post a Comment