Sunday, April 17, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 02 - Licence to Print Money - Design

When going over my feedback for my banknote one of the things that was mentioned is that a sans-serif typeface would be preferable to reflect the modern slang. I decided to see how that would look and produced a design using Gill Sans.


I think that I preferred the design in Gill Sans because it gives the bank note a more modern feel to it, the other typeface looked too outdated. 

When getting the background layer ready for screen-printing I noticed a gap of whitespace that didn't fit with the design below 'Not My Cup Of Tea'.


I moved 'Not My Cup Of Tea' down slightly which helped give more structure to the note.

While I had my screen prepared for print, I spoke to one of the technicians about letter-pressing the 'FIVER' on the top. Unfortunately they don't have type big enough for my design as on the photoshop mock up the type size is just over 100pt. It was suggested to get the letters laser cut and print them then way. This is something I think I will need further help with so Im going to discuss it with Simon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment