Saturday, April 16, 2016

OUGD404 Studio Brief 02 - What is a book? - Self Evaluation

Self Evaluation:
During this project I have really enjoyed working more in depth with layout design and producing my own publication. Using feedback I have been able to shape my cookbook in a different way to the standard one that you would expect. I think this shows to me just how vital feedback is in the design process. Contents wise I wish that I had been able to include illustration instructions, but due to the space on the page I wasn't able to. In hindsight I wish I had experimented more with the placement of type to try and make it more engaging. I should have experimented with different body texts not just stuck with the first one that I found. I think that I also should have applied more of the design principles because that would probably have produced a more ordered design and It would have given me more to talk about as well as the fact that I probably would have learnt a great deal more about them. For this book I think I have used the appropriate methods of production as they have more practical qualities. I know now also how time consuming it is to organise a 10 double page spread and in the future I will plan my time a lot better. Overall I am really happy with my final resolution, it does work well to give instructions in a clear manner but I need to work on visual appeal more.

No comments:

Post a Comment