Tuesday, April 12, 2016

OUGD404 Studio Brief 01 - How do you read? - Self Evaluation and Feedback

Self Evaluation:
Overall I think that my leaflet is fit for its purpose and gives the main facts related to colour theory. I like the way in which my leaflet is set out and the headers on each page draw attention to what information is being displayed. On the front cover I tried to play around with type size and positioning, having it slightly cut off. This is something that I wish I had experimented with more within the rest of the leaflet. 
I struggled to fit all of the information on, as I had to change the type of leaflet to accommodate more information. But I think that in the end this worked in my favour producing a more cohesive design. One of the main things I have learnt while doing this project is that I need to make sure there are no mistakes before getting my design printed out as this will cost me time and money. In the future I will make sure that I double check so that I do not over look things. Also due to the amount of information needed I need to make sure that I select the appropriate type of presentation.

Feedback:
Within my design people believed that the layout of the one column works effectively for the size and shape of the leaflet. The line lengths are about the right size, however if the leaflet had a slightly wider width then it would be too much for the eye to cope. The typeface is appropriate being easily legible and it helps the readability of the leaflet. Although it was thought that type could have been positioned more interestingly as suggested by the front cover which plays around with position and scale. Good stock choice the texture provides a nicer finish to the whole design and the weight produces a sturdy leaflet which seems more high end. Next time try to consider stock more as this thickness might not be appropriate if this leaflet was to go into mass production. Make sure to proof read and edit so there are no mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment