Tuesday, April 26, 2016

OUGD406 Studio Brief 04 - Reflective Practice - Speaking From Experience - Design

Brownie:
I wanted to display an image of the food inside the packaging, so I decided to do an illustration and make the brownie into a cartoon character.


This is the original sketch that I did but I knew that it needed lot's of work to make it more fun and engaging. I took my sketch into illustrator, and traced over the top with a charcoal effect.


I really liked the effect this had as it made it a lot bolder and still had a friendly style. However when trying to add colour it didn't work properly, this is because of the stroke style I had used, it started to leave white gaps. I could keep this as a line drawing with no background as it would be going on brown paper so could actually work really effectively. 

However, just incase this wouldn't work effectively I have taken an image of a brownie that I have found on the internet and added the eyes and the thumbs up.


I think it works really well combining the image with the cartoon hand and eyes. It produces a humorous and friendly design. Because my design is leading more down the entertainment route I think this will provide a humorous motivational mascot.
I think humour works well because it makes it more engaging and I am more likely to look at something and remember the information. Rather than take a more formal route, as that just didn't engage me when I was a fresher, and information was likely to go into the bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment